UNSW Sydney (The University of New South Wales), one of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities. At UNSW, we take pride in the broad range and high quality of our teaching programs. Our teaching gains strength and currency from our research activities, strong industry links and our international nature; UNSW has a strong regional and global engagement.
UNSW is a leading Australian university with a strong record in research and a growing reputation based on its approach to learning and teaching. The University and its Library operate in an environment characterised by constant change in higher education, both nationally and globally and by increasing tensions between traditional and innovative modes of scholarly communication. Within this context, the UNSW Library supports UNSW’s learning, teaching and research endeavours.
UNSW Library is one of Australia’s major research libraries, with extensive scholarly information resources. It serves a large population of academic and research staff and students on two campuses and affiliated research institutes.
UNSWorks is the institutional repository for UNSW. It aims to collect, preserve and make accessible research outputs of UNSW staff and higher degree research students.
UNSWorks has a number of purposes:
- Collect and expose UNSW research to the world
- Be a repository of digital copies and/or versions of UNSW research outputs
- Preserve copies of UNSW research outputs for posterity
- Make copies of UNSW research outputs accessible when they are not available elsewhere
- Be the preservation repository for UNSW higher degree research theses
- Allow researchers to comply with the Open Access mandates of national and international funding bodies.
ResData is a UNSW Library service for managing UNSW research data. The service has two main components:
- Research Data Management Plan (RDMP). Allows UNSW researchers and higher degree research candidates to record metadata about research projects and associated research data.
- An online catalogue of UNSW datasets and collections of research materials. It records descriptions of UNSW research data. ResData records are published to the online portal Research Data Australia.